Sunday 2 October 2011

Summer lovin', had me a blast~

SO. I had an interesting week. Did you?
I had a major nasty-butt headache that lasted about 3 days and wouldn't go away for more than a few hours. Fortunately it went away yesterday long enough for me to conduct an interview for class and then be treated to supper afterwards, but it's threatening to come back today to accompany my brand spankin' new sore throat! 5 more days until Thanksgiving weekend and I can run home to my momma and some chicken soup... and turkey dinner... OH AND MY NAIL MAIL FROM Fingers!!! It has been impatiently waiting on my kitchen table at home for WEEKS.

So last week was void of posts because somehow, don't ask me how, people have started catching me on campus and booking appointments to come get their nails done. If I post open invitations and leave my door open, nobody shows up. Elite clientele list it is! XD So yeah, between coursework, the never-ending headache and the fairly steady stream of appointments (out of nowhere), no posts. I have come to terms with the fact that I update about once a week... I don't like it, but that's how it is for now I guess. I'm trying to update more! I guess if I have more to add during the week, I will. If these appointments keep up, I should be blogging every Tuesday and Thursday night (those afternoons fill up with appointments). This is crazy.

So in keeping with what I said about relevant manicures, here's one I did as an experiment and also to use my Layla Magneffect polish that I picked up in mid August(!!!!), before I saw them on any other blogs. And now that I'm getting around to posting it, of course, they're all over the place :P


This is OPI Houston We Have A Purple (2 coats), then a coat of Sally Girl umm... I can't find a name. 812011? The blue and purple glitter in a clear base, anyway. (have you guys noticed that the Sally Girl polishes changed their bottle ink from that scratchy textured stuff to plain white/offwhite?) Then a third coat of HWHAP. The purple was more purple and less blue in person, as always. It looked to me what China Glaze Flying Dragon should look like if it dried to bottle color (and was jelly, and had bigger glitter). I got bored at some point and mattified my middle finger, then got bored again and added shiny polka dots.


As for the Layla (08 Velvet Groove), I was completely against buying it. I ooh and aah'd over the display, and over the employee's nails they were swatched on, but at $16 a bottle they were way above what I'm willing to pay for a bottle of nail polish. My mother, being the hypocritic enabler she is (you have WAY TOO MUCH nail polish! You're never going to use all that! OhmyGOSH you HAVE to buy this one it's SO PRETTY. :P), decided that she wanted a magnetic manicure and gave me a choice of colors she liked to pick from. And then my mother, Mrs You Need To Go On A No-Buy, bought me a $16 bottle of nail polish because it was neat. And then she wonders why/how I have so much nail polish. I told her about Deborah Lippmann and Chanel. She just about crashed the car. XD 


Yay bad lighting! I really need to figure out something for taking pictures after dark. This, before you panic, is NOT MY HAND. This is one of my friends who came over. You don't leave my room with naked nails LOL. She had a really hard time picking out colors, but she finally settled on one hand in OPI The One That Got Away with a Layla accent nail....


And Wet'n'Wild Teal Of Fortune with a Layla accent on the other hand. Light green stamping in an attempt to unify the colors a bit. The more I use Teal Of Fortune, the deeper in love with it I fall. It just looks so pretty with EVERYTHING stamped over it. I stamped a deep purple over it on Tuesday, and it was gorgeous. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that. I spent half the week chasing people down on campus with my camera because I kept forgetting to take pictures LOL. Side note with the Layla polishes... if you mess up, for the love of all things chocolate, do NOT just re-paint over the nail and try again. You have to take it off and restart. When you layer it, the magnet tries to pull through ALL the metallic pigments, and it looks terrible.

Mmm I think that's enough for one day :P
<3Oreo

2 comments:

  1. OMG! You haven't opened my package yet? WTF! I hope you are at least charging for these manis so you can buy more polish! Take pictures of what you do on others too. Ummmmmm in the dark pictures? How about just turning on a light?!? I know it's hard to comprehend my dear- wish my mom would buy me polish. She is of the first part of your statement- you have way too much. And I am starting to agree. I put myself on a forced no buy and then bought 4 illamasqua! So starting now, I'm on a no buy! I have so much I haven't even worn yet, it's just stupid! Just not into the magnet polish- for the love of all things chocolate???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehh I have some religious friends and some who are not, so I curse and pray in the name of chocolate-- my savior ;)

    I KNOW. ITS JUST SITTING THERE. My mom said she'd mail it to me but then she didn't. Forgetful mama is forgetful! Oh well, 4 more days. And I'm going to be so busy this week I wouldn't have had time to enjoy them anyway. :(

    The light WAS on :( I DO take pictures of peoples nails... just not that one girl. I have so many pictures on my desktop to post from last week lol but I didn't want to picture overload in one post so this week I'll post again with the rest :)

    I also have too many untrieds... I've been noticing things since I started buying more polish... perhaps a post for another day.

    <3Oreo

    ReplyDelete